Monday 22 November 2010

Vivienne Westwood illustration

When I was studying at college, I spent most of my time studying fashion, and the designer that popped up most of the time, was Vivienne Westwood.
But now that I am studying illustration, I have taken an interest in the illustrations that are made for Vivienne Westwood and her products.
This image above is a poster that was designed for an exhibition of hers. I am having trouble finding out who designed it but none the less, I do like it.
It is not often that one finds an illustration nowadays that is done by hand in a traditional way. It really remind me of how I used to sketch, very in detail... my images now are a lot more 'free'.
The limited colour adds depth to the image- having a very detailed image, the one colour simplifies it and brings it alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment