Monday 9 May 2011

Hat stand and Corset

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am working with black water colour on lining paper.
I have made quite a few elements and used Photoshop to try and create a decent composition.
The hat stand works quite well, with the blunt colour next to the water coloured bodice.
It was an idea from my tutors to see how flat colour, like a silhouette, works next to my way of working.
After a little experimenting, I came up with a few and put the silhouette clothes hanger above the bodice. It works quite well together, the two textures together.

I think that an image like this would look quite fitting in a fashion boutique, a vintage shop or in fact, a backdrop for a magazine shoot...

For my first proper attempt at putting my images into a composition, it works rather well.

No comments:

Post a Comment