Tuesday 29 September 2009

Egon Schiele

Edwardian Period.
Egon Schiele is one of Julie Verhoeven's inspirations. I have touched upon Schiele in the past so I have always been familiar with him so I find it exciting to find out that my favourite fashion illustrator likes another of my favourites!
Schiele was born in the year 1890 and died in 1919.
I am just going to briefly talk about life, for example music and fashion, in his day...
During this time, the 1st World War was happening.
Other artists in this period were, Kandinsky, Picasso and Matisse.
Jazz music was becoming very popular during this time also.
Titanic disaster in 1912.
Fashion was very elegant, especially the evening gowns that the women used to wear. The 'S' shaped corset was extremely popular in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment